Sunday, February 15, 2009

like mother, like daughter....

 
Just had to show you this - now I have my new all singing, all dancing Bernina, I gave my (still fairly new) old sewing machine to E.  She has sat night after night, making little bags for each of her brothers. She has appliqued little objects that are appropriate for each one - a shark, a heart, a name, and she has carefully cut and stitched each one with sooooo much love.
It brought a tear to my eye. 
It also reminded me why I wanted a new machine.  Between us, we had to re-thread the machine about 12 times.  She certainly kept her temper better than her mother and it doesn't see to have put her off.  She's now requesting a 'sewing place' and some drawers to keep her bits and pieces in, oh and a pile of assorted material...... I know only too well where all this leads..... and I'm saying nothing.




1 comment:

  1. I hv a daughter too who likes to sew & craft. She's 8 years old now.

    ReplyDelete